Below are 3 different healthy ways of eating.
The choice is yours!
The paleo diet essentially allows lean meats, fish, veggies, some fruit, tree nuts (not peanuts) and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. This excludes… grains, legumes, white potatoes, dairy, and corn. Things that are excluded in paleo are foods that most people are allergic to or just have issues digesting. Watch the white potatoes and corn, they will turn into sugar.
- The Beginner’s Guide to the Paleo Diet http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/
- The Paleo Diet – http://thepaleodiet.com/
The primal plan is very similar to the paleo diet. It allows some dairy; such as creams, butter, Greek yogurts, and some cheese. These should still be in moderation.
- The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan – http://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-the-primal-eating-plan/#axzz21dppwIBH
- Getting Started with Mark’s Daily Apple – http://www.marksdailyapple.com//welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/#axzz21dppwIBH
This plan takes much more time and discipline. Each meal is made up of blocks so it requires a lot of weighing and measuring. Planning meals ahead of time will help with your success rate with the Zone diet. If you are very organized and good at watching what you eat this may be for you.
- Zone Diet Explained – http://crossfitimpulse.com/the-zone-diet-explained-edited
- Zone Diet Meal Plans – http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf
If you still have questions here are a couple great resources to check out:
- The last days of the low-fat diet – http://grist.org/scary-food/2011-03-04-low-fat-diet-fad/
- YouTube Video – Mind your Mitochondria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc
We all love to snack. Check these out for some alternative tips:
- Steve’s Club – http://stevesoriginal.com/
- Cattaneo Bros – http://www.cattaneobros.com/ -
- Paleo Snacks – http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-snacks/
- More snack ideas – http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/01/paleo-snack-ideas/
- Paleo People – http://paleopeople.com/
Cooking is a huge part of assuring what we let go into our body. Here are some tasty recipes that I hope you can use and enjoy as much as I have. If you have any that you would like to share we would love to hear them!
- Everyday Paleo – everydaypaleo.com
- PaleOMG – paleomg.com
- PaleoPot – paleopot.com
- Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals – http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982207743/?tag=pfindex-20
- Paleo Comfort Foods – one of my favorites – http://www.amazon.com/dp/1936608936/?tag=pfindex-20
- Everyday Paleo – http://www.amazon.com/dp/098256581X/?tag=pfindex-20
- Paleo Food – online cookbook – http://www.paleofood.com/
If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.