We are specifically increasing squat volume this week. Squatting is a movement at the FOUNDATION of CrossFit.
- Points of Performance for Squating:
- Full extension at the top of the movement
- Start the movement pushing your hips back with weight through the heels, “rip the ground apart” with your feet.
- Keep your chest up.
- Crease of hip below top of knee
- Power up from the bottom without “popping” or leading with butt.
If you fail to do any of these 5 things in your squat you need to go lighter. Get the technique down BEFORE you add weight.
A. Front Squat or Back Squat (your choice)
- Take 10 minutes to Work up to heavy 3 (Not 3RM; but close)
- then: EMOM 10 : 3 Squats
B. Fight Gone Bad
3 Rounds; Count your Reps!
- 1 min Wall Balls
- 1 min Box jumps
- 1 min SDLHP
- 1 min Push Press
- 1 min airDyne (Calories)
- 1 min Rest
- Use the rest of class time to smash, roll, and/or stretch what ails you!