Paleo Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 30 mins Servings: 6
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Sea salt
– Ground pepper
– Garlic Powder
– 2 packages of bacon
– 1/3 cup raw honey
– 1/2 cup prepared (ground) mustard
– 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
– Dash cayenne (optional)
– Cutting board
– Kitchen knife
– Small mixing bowl
– Basting brush
– Oven mitt
– Wire cooling rack
– Aluminum foil
– Baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 400F, making sure the oven rack is about 1/3 away from the oven top. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
2. Slice chicken strips to about 1 1/2 inches thick and wrap in bacon. Place each on a wire rack and place rack over a baking pan wrapped in aluminum foil to catch drippings.
3. Mix the raw honey, mustard, vinegar and cayenne (optional) in a small mixing bowl until combined.
4. Baste the top of the chicken strips with the honey mustard mixture and place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flip over the chicken strips with a pair of kitchen tongs. Baste the other side of the strips with the mixture and return to the oven for another 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Throw away remaining sauce.
5. Remove from oven and serve.