- Double under practice- 4 min
- Agile 8
- 10 scapular pushups
- 10 pushups
- 5 inchworms w/ up-down-dog
A. Bench Press @ 80% of 1RM
B. 6 rounds
- 200m run
- 10 push ups
- 15 Situps
C. Accessory Work: 3 Rounds
- 10 DB Bent over rows
- 10 DB straight-arm pullovers
- 10 DB Biceps curls
How Do I Deal With Sugar Cravings?
Having a sugar addiction is like having a drug addiction, it is very hard to overcome. Having a good plan and being prepared is essential. Here are some tips I have found to be helpful.
- Try Intermittent Fasting w/ BulletProof Coffee. Bulletproof Coffee is becoming popular for a reason. Aside from tasting awesome, it makes you feel lean, focused, and energized. It allows you to transform your diet without resorting to chewing on sticks of butter (though that’s not a bad idea…).
- Have a breakfast of protein, fat and phyto-nutrients to start your day off right/Or . Breakfast smoothie shakes are ideal for this. The typical breakfast full of carbs and sugary or starchy foods is the worst thing you can do for sugar cravings as you’ll have them all day. Having a good breakfast is essential to prevent sugar cravings and these smoothie recipes are filling, nutritious and delicious.
- Eat regularly. Eat three meals and two snacks a day. For many people, if they don’t eat regularly, their blood sugar levels drop, they feel hungry and are more likely to crave sweet sugary snacks.
- Take L-Glutamine, 100-300mg every couple of hours as necessary. It often relieves sugar cravings as the brain uses it for fuel.
- Distract yourself, go for a walk, best would be to go for a walk in nature if possible, do some push ups. Cravings usually last for maximum 10-20 minutes and then pass. If you can manage to distract yourself with something else, it often passes. The more often you do this, the easier it gets and the cravings get easier to deal with.
- Have a piece of fruit. If you give in to your cravings, have a piece of fruit, it should satisfy a sweet craving and is much healthier.
- Drink lots of water. Sometimes drinking water or seltzer water can help with the sugar cravings
- Keep sugary snacks out of your house and office if possible. Its difficult to snack on things that aren’t there!
- Be open to explore the emotional issues around your sugar addiction.
- Jump rope: 2 min
- Agile 8
- Group turf work
A. Bench Press + Push-ups (superset)
B. Alternating EMOM 20
Partner WOD starting at opposing stations; switch every minute w/partner
- 5 DB Bench Press (Scale weight appropriately)
- 10 Air Squats
- 3 Power Cleans (135/95#)(95/65#)(65/45#) Scale weight appropriately
- 10 Box Jumps or step ups (24/20″)(20/16″)
C. Core: 10 minutes
- Inverted leg raises- Headstand w/ straight leg raises
Warmup: Foam Roll
- Run 400m
- Dynamic Warm-Up
- Speed Ladder Drills (5-8 min)
A. Bench Press (ascending)
B. Death by Power Cleans (135/95#)
- On the 1st minute do 3 power clean, rest remainder of the minute
- 2nd minute do 4 power cleans, rest the remainder of the minute
- 3rd minute do 5 power cleans, rest the remainder of the minute.
- Continue adding 1 power clean until you can no longer complete all the reps within that 1 minute time frame.
C. 3 Rounds NFT
- 10/ arm sledge hammers
- 10 Shoot thrus (parallettes)
- 10 / side KB front rack Squats (1-arm)
A. EMOM 8
B1. Power Clean: @ 80% of 1RM
B2. DB Pullover (40/30)
C. MetCon: 4 RFT
- 5 Push-ups
- 5 Hang Power Cleans (light to moderate weight: # should allow for perfect form)
- 20 Air Squats
Just a suggestion if you are starting a meal plan: cook and assemble lunch and dinner for the next 4 or 5 days. You can also do more and freeze them.
It should look something like this:
A1. Bench Press (w/hold at bottom= 1 inch from chest)
A2. Pendlay Row (Bent over Row)
B. AMRAP 8
- 8 HSPU
- 8 Pistols alternating
C. EMOM 10
- 10 KB Swings 30/40#
- 6 Box Jumps 24/20
Both movements every minute
A. 15 minutes to work up to heavy triple
- Bench Press… Spotters mandatory.
B. 5x (not for time)
- 10 One-legged lateral hops (over cone or hurdle)
- 5 Strict Ring Pull-Ups and 5 Strict Ring Dips
- 40m tire pull/drag (45/25 plate added)
- 20 reps of any battle rope exercise variation
- 1 min rest